Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meetings! Chat!

Whew!  Been a long time since my last post.  I have several reasons for that, which I will get to in a second.  I guess I'll get to them now.  Well, that sentence took a second anyway.  I was absent from SL for almost 3 weeks and it's been over 3 weeks since my last post.  I can't believe it's been that long.

The reasons I've been absent are numerous in amount.  1. I got a volunteer job in a RL library, which took up a lot of time.  2.  I house-sat for for 2 weeks for some people.  3.  My RL GF surprised me by coming back for reading week early, so we spent a lot of time together.  Hmm, I don't know why I'm making all these excuses.  Discount this part of the post entirely.

Onto SL matters.  Since my last post, I've learned and got a buttload of stuff.  Really valuable stuff.  I learned how to stop moving (I was stuck in an animation loop for a looonnng time.  Thanks Teachergirl Razor!).  I learned how to chat to people, got build and group permission, got 200 Lindens, got a volunteer position in SL with LWB, went to my first group meeting in SL and participated in an HP discussion, and got the information about how to display LWB in SL.  It's a lot to take in.

It seems like every time I go on SL I learn a ton of new stuff and have a bunch of new experiences.  I love this stage of learning new things. Growth is exponential and every session is full of new things.  My next goal is get the LWB section on SL up and running.  I've received a bunch of stuff from them in an email and I'm going to get some more.  The next step is to put it up on SL.  It'll be fun learning how to do that and setting up a virtual space.  I think being a virtual librarian or at least a virtual custodian of information will be fun.

The meeting about Harry Potter was pretty fun.  It was kind of difficult to track all the conversations.  I couldn't really take it too seriously either.  I was in a pretty goofy mood and it's pretty easy to be annoying online.  Hopefully I didn't annoy anyone too much.  If I did, all apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment