Monday, September 19, 2011

Getting stronger!!

Huzzah!  Went on Second Life today because I thought we were supposed to show up during office hours on Monday sometime between 12-2.  No one was at the purple Western platform.  I then went back and checked my email to see if we were actually supposed to meet then.  I couldn't find any such email that said we were required to.  I'm sure I saw one though...

Anyway, that doesn't matter (I think).  I started trying to edit my avatar's appearance.  I had been wildly unsuccessful at this previously.  The only thing I could do was change my overall appearance from a pink unicorn pegasus to a man.  I couldn't figure out how to edit any details though, like clothes.  This was important to me, because my guy was wearing an unflattering skirt.  Plus, I want to be in complete control, dag nab it.  So, today I started messing around with my appearance again and this time I figured out how to change some things.  I tried on some new outfits, changed their color and texture, took off individual pieces of clothing, it was great!  As I write this, it sounds sad that I'm so pumped about learning to dress myself, but it was very frustrating not to be able to do it before.  I figured out how to do it gradually.  It all came about when I clicked on the popcorn machine and it said "right-click to wear me."  I then started right-clicking on it and myself I think and eventually I found out how to change clothes.  Hopefully I can remember how the next time I want to change pants.  Fingers crossed.

Also, I finally found the items in my inventory!  I started collecting stuff, like the course outline, the sweatshirt box, and so on from my first time on the Western platform, but I couldn't find it in my inventory.  Today I did!  And, with the power of right-clicking, I was able to actually do something with my items!  Hurray!  This is making me way more happy than it should.  If I described this to anyone in the real world they would think I was a mental patient.  I put my popcorn in my hand, my sweatshirt box on my head, and viewed the first chapter of that book we have to read.  It was a day of monumental achievement.  Next up, I need to learn how to build things.  I tried once, but it said I couldn't build because I didn't own the land or something.  I thought I was in the practice building area by the purple platform, so I don't know why it didn't work.   I'll try again later. If it's anything like the clothes, somehow I'll figure it out!  Calloo callay, good work brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment